Sunday, January 25, 2009

A BLOG is born: Some things we CAN change.

There are some things I've come to accept. Some major, some minor, and yes, some I am still working on. One concept I've learned is the idea that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I pray, no matter how much I’d like to make some things different, there are things I just can’t change and I don't have any control over.

For example, I’ll never be a size two, I’ll never have big brown eyes, and I’ll never like Alfredo sauce. But there are things I do have control over and things I can change, I just need to put in the effort to make it happen. Using my camera and taking more pictures is such a thing I have control over.

If you’ve ever had the lucky opportunity to travel with Mark and me or to have us visit in any capacity, you may recall that we are chronic camera forgetters. Even if we do remember to throw it in, we don’t pull it out or tend to take any pics.

We’ve discussed reasons why the camera seems to challenge us. Considered excuses include: hate stopping the group to take a photo, find it’s kind of annoying to ask others to take pictures of you, or we don’t want to lose or have to be responsible for carrying it. After examining these terrible excuses and the benefits of capturing the once in a lifetime moments digitally, we've decided to change our ways.

After making this monumental decision to use the camera liberally, we realized a great way to share our trips, excursions, moments captured would be to create a BLOG. And that, our friends and family, is how ThriftyTravelers BLOG is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment